METRO Job Fairs 2019
METRO periodically offers job fairs. All applicants must apply online prior to
attending the job fair.
Open House for FT/PT bus operators, bus mechanics, light-rail train operators, bus cleaners and light-rail servicers.
Saturday, Feb. 9 at 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Testing for bus operators and light-rail train trainee operators starts promptly at 9:30 a.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 26 at 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Testing for bus operators and light-rail train trainee operators starts promptly at 9:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.
5700 Eastex Freeway
Houston, TX 77026
NOTE: All applicants must apply online prior to attending the job fair. Testing for bus operators and light-rail train trainee operators starts promptly at 9:30 a.m. Interviewing begins promptly at 9:30 a.m. for the position of light-rail servicers (cleaners).
NOW HIRING: Employee incentive of up to $4,000 for bus mechanics, A/C & heat mechanics and collision repair!
Positions and Salaries
- A/C & heat mechanic “A” $25.34/hour
- Light-rail servicers (cleaner) $10.86/hour
- Bus mechanic up to $25.34/hour
- Bus operator $15.00/hour - bilingual a plus - paid training
- Light-rail train operator trainee $15.00/hour
- Police officer $43,000.00/year
- Collision repair technician up to $25.34/hour
Benefits of Working for METRO
- Retirement plan and savings plan
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Education assistance (non-union)
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness program
- Advancement opportunities
- Free transportation for employees and spouses
- Bilingual incentive pay for bus operators
METRO is an Equal Employment Opportunity.