Value added to a METRO Q® Fare Card, METRO Day Pass or Mobile Ticket is non-refundable unless the patron has moved out of the service area and can document that he or she is no longer capable of using METRO’s services.
- No refunds are available to unregistered METRO fare cardholders or mobile ticket holders using pseudonyms and or invalid email addresses.
- No refunds or balance transfers are given to METRO Money cardholders.
- No cash refunds are given.
- No refund will be made after the fare card or mobile ticket has expired.
- No refund will be made because the patron has decided he no longer wishes to utilize METRO’s services.
- The customer who originally purchased the fare item may be eligible to receive a refund by meeting one of the following criteria:
The customer has turned seventy (70) years of age and has obtained a 70+ Q Card or 70+ mobile ticket (when made available to the public). The remaining balance on their stored value METRO Q® Fare Card or mobile ticket is refundable to them.
The patron was a METROLift customer who is no longer certified and no longer qualifies for the service. This must be verified and approved by the METROLift Department. Please contact the METROLift department at 713-225-0119 for additional information.
The refund is requested due to the original purchase of an incorrect fare item.
The refund is requested due to documentable misinformation or schedule / route changes.
- Has become permanently disabled (certified)
- Has suffered a long-term illness during three-fourths (3/4) of the validity period of the fare media items and has medical documentation to that effect
- Has moved out of the geographical METRO service area and has conclusive evidence to that effect (e.g. utility bill)
- Has experienced a job relocation and has definitive evidence to that effect and that the move precludes the use of the bus, rail or METROLift service for which the fare media item was purchased
- Has deceased and his or her survivors have proof – for example, a newspaper clipping, funeral announcement or a copy of the death certificate. The METRO fare card in question must have been registered or the mobile ticket holder must not be using a pseudonym and or an invalid email address.
Call 713-635-4000 and follow the prompt for the METRO fare card / mobile ticket help desk.