METRO Public Hearings
Public Hearing – Proposed June 2018 Service Change
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Directors of the Metropolitan Transit
Authority of Harris County, TX (METRO), will hold a public hearing on Tuesday,
March 20, 2018, at 12 noon to receive public comment regarding proposed
June 2018 changes. The proposed service changes include:
Route realignments to routes 5, 27, 412, 413, and 418; schedule changes to
routes 5, 29, 56, 60, 80, 82, 214, 216, 217, 219, 221, 222, 229, 246, 298, 412,
413, and 418.
Copies of proposed route maps and timetables will be available Tuesday, March
13, 2018, for public review online and at the following location:
METRO Administration Building - 1900 Main Street, Houston, TX, 77002 from
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.weekdays.
The public hearing will be held in the 2nd floor boardroom at 1900 Main Street,
Houston, TX (served by METRO routes 6, 11, 32, 44, 51, 52, 54, 82, 85, 102,
137, 160, 161, 162, 249, and METRORail).
Download Flyer (English PDF)
Download Flyer (Spanish PDF)
Download Flyer (Vietnamese PDF)
Download Flyer (Chinese PDF)
View Proposed Service Changes >>
Book of Service Changes (PDF)
How To Comment About The Service Changes
- Attend the public hearing on March 20, 2018.
- Write us at METRO, ATTN: June 2018 Service Change, 1900 Main Street,
Houston, TX 77002.
- Fax comments with a subject line referencing “June 2018 Service Change”
- Call METRO’s Customer Care Line at 713-635-4000.
- Submit comments >>
Comments should be received by METRO no later than the date and time of
the public hearing.
Help For People With Disabilities
For individuals with disabilities, assistive services or copies of public documents
in an alternate format can be provided. Please call 713-750-4271 (for persons
with a hearing impairment) a minimum of five (5) working days prior to the public
Any person who requires language interpretation or special needs
accommodations is encouraged to contact METRO Public Affairs at
713-739-4018, or via email at METROPublicAffairs@RideMETRO.org.
Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate your needs.
- This Public Hearing conforms to requirements described in the Federal
Transit Administration’s Circular 9030.1D, published May 1, 2010, page IV-
- METRO does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or
access to, or in treatment or employment in, its services, programs, and
- METRO is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from
participation in, or denied the benefits of, its transit services on the basis
of race, color, or national origin, as protected by Title VI of the Civil Rights
Act of 1964.
METRO Board of Directors Meetings
For complete meeting notices, agendas, schedule of committee meetings, special meetings, workshops, streaming video and archives of these meetings. learn more >>
Board meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of each month (unless otherwise noted).
Below are the proposed regular board meeting dates for 2018.
- Thursday, January 25, 2018, 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, February 20, 2018, 10 a.m. - NOTE: Date change for meeting.
- Thursday, March 22, 2018, 10 a.m.
- Thursday, April 26, 2018, 10 a.m.
- Thursday, May 24, 2018, 10 a.m.
- Thursday, June 28, 2018, 10 a.m.
- Thursday, July 26, 2018, 10 a.m.
- Thursday, August 23, 2018, 10 a.m.
- Thursday, September 27, 2018, 10 a.m.
- Thursday, October 25, 2018, 10 a.m.
- Thursday, November 15, 2018, 10 a.m.
- Thursday, December 13, 2018, 10 a.m.
NOTE: Meeting dates are subject to change. If you need further information about board meetings direct your email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-739-4834.
Information found on this website can be provided in an alternative format upon request. Please contact Customer Service at 713-635-4000 to speak to a representative or email the Accessibility Coordinator at email@example.com. METRO will do its best to provide the requested alternative format within a reasonable time.
Get Adobe Acrobat Reader, free software for viewing and printing PDF files.