Notice is hereby given that the Board of Directors of the Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, TX (METRO), will hold a public hearing on Wednesday, June 8, 2022, at 12 p.m. (noon) to receive public comment on its proposed August 2022 changes to METRO service. The public is invited to attend the hearing and provide comments in person. The public hearing will be held:
Wednesday, June 8 at 12:00 p.m. (noon)
METRO Boardroom, Second Floor
1900 Main St.
Houston, TX 77002
Served by METRO routes 6, 11, 32, 44, 51, 52, 54, 82, 85, 102, 137, 160, 161, 162, and METRORail.
The public may also join the hearing and provide comments virtually on Zoom at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86980778422 or by dialing: 346-248-7799 or 1-888-475-4499 (toll free), meeting ID: 869 8077 8422. Additionally, if you do not want to provide comments during the public hearing, visit RideMETRO.org/Pages/BoardStreamingVideo.aspx to view a livestream of the public hearing. A video recording of the meeting will also be archived on METRO’s website at RideMETRO.org for review.
Proposed service changes:
- Weekdays - The following routes may have added trips to meet ridership demand:
- 5 Southmore
- 7 West Airport
- 47 Hillcroft
- 50 Broadway
- 153 Harwin Express
- Park & Ride corridors serving downtown - Adjust the schedules to match service with return to work / traffic conditions / workforce availability.
- METRORail Red Line - Change frequency between Northline Transit Center and Burnett Transit Center to 6 minutes during most of the day.
- Seven (7) Days a Week - 314 Hiram Clarke - curb2curb - Implement a new curb2curb route.
In addition to these listed routes, METRO will continue to make temporary schedule adjustments in response to social distancing, ridership conditions, and workforce availability.
Book of Service Changes (English PDF)
How To Comment
If you would like to make public comments in person or virtually, please register as a public speaker with the METRO Board Office at least 48 hours in advance of the hearing, by calling 713-739-4834 or sending an email to BoardOffice@RideMETRO.org, and providing your name, address and telephone number. As explained above, you may attend the public hearing in person or virtually on Wednesday, June 8, 2022 to provide comments. If you pre-register, your comments will be heard first at the public hearing. Your name will be called at the appropriate time for you to make your comments.
You may also provide comments by:
- Writing to us at METRO,
ATTN: August 2022 Service Change
1900 Main Street
Houston, TX 77002
- Faxing comments with a subject line referencing “August 2022 Service Change” to 713-652-7956
- Calling METRO’s Customer Service at 713-635-4000
- Submitting comments on METRO’s website >>
All comments should be submitted to METRO by 12 p.m. (noon) on Wednesday, June 8, 2022.