Hover over the map with your mouse then click on the HOV Lane for entrance and exit details to that location. Each corridor is color-coded and each diamond corresponds to an entrance location.
There are five types of ramps
- One-way ramps operate as an entrance in the morning and an exit in the evening.
- Two-way ramps operate as both entrance and exit, mornings and evenings. Pay attention to directional signs to safely follow traffic flow.
- Cross ramps allow access to/from both sides of the freeway. Pay attention to directional signs to safely follow traffic flow.
- Slip ramps allow you to merge into or out of freeway traffic.
- Wishbone ramps provide access to/from feeder roads on either side of the freeway in the direction of traffic flow.
Laws of the Lanes
Any vehicle meeting occupancy and weight restrictions may use the HOV, with the following exceptions:
- No single-occupancy vehicles.
- No vehicles towing trailers of any sort.
- No trucks with more than two axles or a gross weight capacity of one ton or greater.
- No bicycles (motorcycles are allowed).
- No pedestrians.
HOV SCHEDULES & OCCUPANCY REQUIREMENTS
To Report Violations on HOV lanes to METRO
290 (Northwest), 45N (North), 45S (Gulf), 59S (Southwest) or 59N (Eastex), contact:
HERO Hotline: 713-921-HERO (4376)
During rush hours, the minimum requirement raises to 3+ occupants on US 290. QuickRide is a program that allows vehicles with two occupants to continue driving the HOV during these times for just $2 each way. Times vary per freeway, and registration is required. Call METRO RideShare Services at 713-224-7433 (RIDE) or 1-888-606-RIDE toll free.
Download Brochure (PDF)
Katy Freeway Managed Lanes And Katy Diamond Lanes and 59 South Diamond Lanes
DIAMOND LANE SCHEDULES & OCCUPANCY REQUIREMENTS
The Managed Lanes are operated by the Harris County Toll Road Authority.
Learn more about Katy Freeway Managed Lanes >>
To Report Violations on Katy Managed Lanes and Katy Diamond Lanes to:
Harris County Toll Road Authority (HCTRA)
Sugar Land Police Department
www.sugarlandtx.gov/police (use online complaint form)
To report Diamond Lane violations on 59S between Sugar Creek and Beltway 8:
Stafford Police Department
www.staffordpd.com Click on ‘Public Information,’ then ‘Citizen Comments’ and use online citizen comment form.
Get Adobe Acrobat Reader free software for viewing and printing PDF files.