Meetings & Notices
Notice Of Public Hearing
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Directors of the Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, TX, (METRO) will hold a public hearing on Wednesday, Oct. 26, at 12 noon to receive public comment regarding a proposed fare change to amend the fare policy to provide free fixed-route service to qualified disabled and decorated veterans.
A description of the proposed fare changes will be available Oct. 12 for public review at the following locations:
- Online - RideMETRO.org
- METRO Administration Building - 1900 Main Street, Houston, TX, 77002 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The public hearing will be held in the METRO Boardroom on the second floor at 1900 Main Street, Houston, TX. The meeting will also be streamed live. Go to view streaming meeting.
How To Comment About The Proposed Fare Change
- Attend the public hearing on Oct. 26, 2016
- Write us at METRO, ATTN: Fare Changes, 1900 Main Street, Houston, TX 77002
- Fax comments with a subject line referencing "Fare Changes” to 713-652-7956
- Call METRO's Customer Care Line at 713-635-4000
- Submit comments on METRO's website
Comments should be received by METRO no later than the date and time of the public hearing.
Help For People With Disabilities
For individuals with disabilities, assistive services or copies of public documents in an alternate format can be provided. Please call 713-750-4271 or 713-635-6993 (for persons with a hearing impairment) a minimum of five working days prior to the public hearing.
Any person who requires language interpretation or special communication accommodations is encouraged to contact METRO Community Outreach at 713-739-4018, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate your needs.
1. This Public Hearing conforms to requirements described in the Federal Transit Administration's Circular 9030.1D, published May 1, 2010, page IV-13.
2. METRO does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or in treatment or employment in, its services, programs, and activities.
3. METRO is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in, or denied the benefits of, its transit services on the basis of race, color, or national origin, as protected by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Proposed Fare Change: Qualified METRO Veterans Pass
METRO is currently offering a pilot program that enables qualified veterans to receive free fixed-route service (local bus, Park & Ride, or METRORail). Veterans are eligible for this pass if they meet any of these qualifications:
- 50 percent or greater service-connected disability.
- 40 percent or greater service-connected disability due to the amputation of a lower extremity.
- Receipt of any of these military honors: Air Force Cross, Congressional Medal of Honor, Distinguished Service Cross, Navy Cross, Purple Heart.
The pilot program began April 11, 2016, and expires in October. The proposed fare change is to make the Qualified METRO Veterans Pass a permanent part of METRO’s fare policy.
Pursuant to Federal regulations, a Title VI and Environmental Justice analysis was done, and the Qualified METRO Veterans Pass was compliant with both regulations.
Staff recommends that the METRO Board amend the fare policy to include the Qualified METRO Veterans Pass, as described above.
Public Hearing – Proposed February 2017 Service Change
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Directors of the Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas, will hold a public hearing on Monday, October 31, 2016, at 11 a.m. to receive public comment regarding proposed February 2017 service changes. The proposed service changes include: route changes to the Green Line, routes 50, 70, and 76; schedule changes to routes 6, 7, 9, 11, 14, 20, 26, 47, 50, 52, 63, 65, 68, 73, 76, 85, 99, 102, 152, 217, 222, 228, 246, 265, and 298.
Monday, Oct. 31, 2016, at 11 a.m.
2nd Floor, Room 2022
1900 Main Street
Houston, TX 77002
Download Take Note (PDF in English / Spanish)
Download Take Note (PDF in Chinese / Vietnamese)
Feb. 2017 Service Change Book (PDF)
Notice of Public Hearing (PDF in English / Spanish)
Notice of Public Hearing (PDF in Vietnamese)
Notice of Public Hearing (PDF in Chinese)