Apartment Transit Certiﬁcation
Give Your Tenants A Lift!
Give Your Property An Edge.
Apartment living means something different to everyone. For some, it’s all about location, others want low maintenance costs, marble counter tops or even his and her closets - the list goes on.
If you’re looking for that something “extra” to help attract prospective tenants to your property, we have the answer – METRO’s Apartment Transit Certification Program (ATCP).
METRO’s Apartment Transit Certification Program is a partnership between apartment managers/ owners, tenants and METRO. The program is designed to enhance the quality of life for people
living in apartment communities located adjacent to accessible METRO service.
In order to qualify as a certified complex, your property must meet certain requirements:
- Property must be located 1/8 mile or less from a bus/rail line
- METRO service must be easily accessible
- Frequency of METRO service must be every 20 minutes or less
The METRO Apartment Transit Certification Program is absolutely FREE and offers new and unique benefits:
- Set yourself apart from other properties
- Add a new selling point for marketing
- Create a new perk for residents at no cost to you
- Free use of the METRO ATCP logo in advertising, publications, and signage
- Receive a FREE listing in METRO’s directory of certified properties
Making The Case
Research indicates that younger and single individuals are more likely to use public transit than other groups. According to the National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC), 30 percent of all apartment renters are under the age of 30 – that’s approximately one third of your business.
Now you have the power to offer this demographic the extra amenity other properties can’t.
METRO makes getting certified easy. The program is FREE and the process to earn certification only takes 45 days; however, properties are given up to 60 days to complete the process.
Pre-certification (10-14 Days)
- On-site meeting with property management
- Schedule How-to-Ride training for property management and staff
- Identify additional activities to earn certification
Certification (30-45 Days)
After attending and successfully completing How-to-Ride training and earning points with certification activities, your property will be awarded certification signage and marketing support materials.
METRO will monitor and follow up with certified properties to review progress, need for retraining, and restock or make changes to marketing materials. At the end of year one, METRO will conduct a survey to analyze the program’s impact, make necessary adjustments and recertify the property.
Get The Details.
Learn more about the METRO Apartment Transit Certification Program (ATCP) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-739-4018.